It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify NEET (UG) exam to participate in AFMC MBBS admission procedure. After qualifying for the test, a final merit list will be prepared. Candidates must ensure their eligibility status before registering for admission to AFMC.
The NEET exam is conducted online and in 11 languages — English, Hindi, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Marathi, Urdu Bengali, Telugu, Kannada, and Assamese. The duration of the examination is three hours and a candidate needs to answer 180 questions. The exam paper is divided into three sections — Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology). As soon as NEET results are announced, NTA declares the counselling process too. The schedule for NEET counselling gets uploaded on the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) website.
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria by NTA :
As per the authorities, there are some mandatory parameters that an aspirant must fulfil in order to be able to appear in the NEET full form National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Aspirant age must be at least 17 years as or on December 31, 2023, of the year of admission.
- Candidate should have a class 12th graduate with an aggregate mark of 50% with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually.
- A little leverage has been given to candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC category as the minimum marks required to obtain by them Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology opted together in HSC examination is 40% marks.
- Since the decision on the upper age limit is pending the Supreme Court, all candidates are provisionally permitted to appear for the exam.